- This course is offered in 65 hours
- On completing this course successfully you will be able to:
- Have a critical awareness of and understand the technical challenges posed by current mobile devices and wireless communications; be able to critically evaluate and select appropriate solutions.
- Appreciate the need, and have the ability, to keep up with rapid changes and new developments; be able to identify, and predict changes in current trends in mobile communications technologies and systems.
- Select and critically evaluate suitable software tools and APIs for the development of a particular mobile application and understand their strengths, scope and limitations.
- Select and use appropriate application development tools to assist in the conception, design, writing and testing of various interactive programs for mobile devices.
Characteristics of wireless, mobile applications – examples, service requirement, technical challenges.
Programming mobile applications (e.g. using J2ME CLDC and MIDP).
APIs for mobile devices (e.g. Java ME, .NET CF).
HCI issues for software design on mobile devices and user interface development.
Security and maintenance of mobile computing systems.
Data persistence on mobile devices.
Networking (e.g. HTTP, Wireless Messaging, Bluetooth).
Multimedia on mobile devices (graphics, sound, music, video, games.
Coursework – 80%
Logbook – 20%
- BSc (Hons) Computing and Information Systems Top-up degree
The BSc (Hons) Computing and Information Systems top-up degree, awarded by the University of Greenwich, is structured to provide a viable final year, top-up option to graduates of the Higher National Diploma (HND) in Computing programme offered at SBCS.
At SBCS we focus on -
- Producing graduates who are capable of thinking critically, creatively and ethically.
- Graduates who are team players with the ability to communicate persuasively.
- Read what some of our graduates have to say.
Highlights at a glance -
- Final Year (Top-up) which can be achieved in eighteen (18) months.
- 6 assignments, 1 exam. Students pursue 4 core modules and select 3 electives.
- Portfolio of work created during the programme contributes to the graduate's marketability and prospects for employment.
- Multiple modes and locations for delivery (Full/Part Time)
- Expert Lecturers
- Teleios Code Jam
- Talent and Innovation Competition of the America (TIC)
- Idea 2 Innovation
CSEC or CXC graduates, can follow our pathway to the BSc (Hons) Computing and Information Systems degree. Click below for details.