Data and information are core to any organisation and business process. The necessity of having meaningful information is the key driver for effective decision-making and problem-solving. Business intelligence has evolved from technologies such as decision support systems (DSS) to include tools and methods associated with data mining, data integration, data quality and data warehousing in conjunction with other information management systems and applications.
This unit introduces students to a range of tools, techniques, and technologies for acquiring data and processing this into meaningful information that can be used to support business functions and processes.
- This course is offered in 50 contact hours.
Upon successful completion of this unit, learners will be able to:
- Discuss business processes and the mechanisms used to support business decision-making.
- Compare the tools and technologies associated with business intelligence functionality.
- Demonstrate the use of business intelligence tools and technologies.
- Discuss the impact of business intelligence tools and technologies for effective decision-making purposes and the legal/regulatory context in which they are used.
- BTEC Higher National Diploma (HND) in Computing
Acquire an honours degree in Computing via the Pearson BTEC HND in Computing route.
The BTEC Level 5 Higher National Diploma (HND) in Computing (RQF) is a wide-ranging computing qualification that equips learners with relevant, foundational knowledge and skills in computing and information systems. It is suited to those desirous of pursuing careers in the IT sector, such as systems analysts, software engineers and developers, information system design and management, and IT maintenance and technical services areas, to name a few.
This Level 5 Higher National Diploma qualification is recognised as an accepted route onto the later stages of a number of UK and foreign university qualifications.
It comprises 15 units; 12 core, and 3 electives specific to your chosen specialism (Application Development, Security and Network Engineering). Successful completion of the HND in Computing allows direct entry into the University of Greenwich BSc. (Hons) in Computing & Information Systems.
Upon completion of that baccalaureate qualification, you can progress on to the University of Greenwich MSc. Operational Cyber Security.
CSEC/CXC graduates: your internationally-recognised honours degree is closer than you think. Click to find out how.
- Short Business Courses
- Short Information Technology Courses
- Matriculation to Higher National Diploma in Computing
- BSc (Hons) Computing & Information Systems
- MSc Operational Cyber Security