- This course is offered in 36 hours
At the end of the course, the student will be able to:
a) Provide definitions of commonly used toxicological terms.
b) Describe the main sources of information on hazardous substances and processes
c) Recognise hazardous substances in the workplace.
d) Describe the main route by which hazardous substances can enter the body and the factors which influence their absorption
e) Describe the health effects of some common hazardous substances.
f) Undertake basic interpretation of the results from epidemiological studies.
Introduction to toxicology – acute and chronic effects, local and systematic effects etc.
Basic toxicokinetics, dose response curves and toxicity testing.
Overview of health effects – simple asphyxiants, chemical asphyxiants, organic solvents and vapours, dust and particulate matters etc.
Common industrial processes – material handling, working with metals, surface coating and treatment of metals, degreasing etc.
|Methods of Assessment||Weighting %||Pass Mark||Word Length||Details|
Course is validated for:
Programme Code Title Core/Option
BSc (Hons) Occupational Safety, Health and Environment
- BSc. (Hons) Occupational Safety, Health and Environment (Top-Up)
The registration deadline is 31 January 2020.
The next intake for the BSc (Hons) Occupational Health, Safety and Environment is February 2019.
The BSc (Hons) Occupational Health, Safety and Environment extended final year top-up degree, awarded by the University of Greenwich, is structured to provide a viable option to graduates of:
- Associate Degree in Occupational Safety and Health from COSTAATT
- Associate Degree in Occupational Safety and Health from Cipriani College
- NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety
- Associate Degree in a Science or Engineering discipline
Applicants with a similar level qualification may also be eligible for the extended final year top-up. See our Entry Requirements tab below for more information or email us at CITE@sbcs.edu.tt
Early Bird Offer valid until 25 January 2020
- Earn 10% off tuition
- Registration fee waived (save $200)
Highlights at a glance -
- Extended Final Year (Top-up) 2 years in duration
- IOSH Accredited (Global Recognition and Portability)
- Graduates will be eligible to apply for Graduate Membership from IOSH.
- Expert Lecturers
At SBCS we focus on -.
- Producing graduates who are capable of thinking critically, creatively and ethically.
- Graduates who are team players with the ability to communicate persuasively.