Cloud Computing has revolutionised the way IT services are delivered and has become an important part of the computing sector. Cloud Computing is internet-hosted computing, which means it uses the internet to deliver data and other IT services such as storage, printing, server facilities and so forth. In other words, the end users or organisations no longer need to have their own extensive network environment on the premises, but can get the same services provided virtually over the internet.
This unit is designed to develop an understanding of the fundamental concept of Cloud Computing, cloud segments, and cloud deployment models, the need for Cloud Computing, an appreciation of issues associated with managing cloud service architecture and to develop a critical awareness of Cloud Computing based projects.
- This course is offered in 50 contact hours.
Upon successful completion of this unit, learners will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the fundamentals of Cloud Computing and its architectures.
- Evaluate the deployment models, service models and technological drivers of Cloud Computing and validate their use.
- Develop Cloud Computing solutions using service provider’s frameworks and open source tools.
- Analyse the technical challenges for cloud applications and assess their risks.
- BTEC Higher National Diploma (HND) in Computing
Acquire an honours degree in Computing via the Pearson BTEC HND in Computing route.
The BTEC Level 5 Higher National Diploma (HND) in Computing is a wide-ranging computing qualification that equips learners with relevant, foundational knowledge and skills in computing and information systems. It is suited to those desirous of pursuing careers in the IT sector, such as systems analysts, software engineers and developers, information system design and management, and IT maintenance and technical services areas, to name a few.
This Level 5 Higher National Diploma qualification is recognised as an accepted route onto the later stages of a number of UK and foreign university qualifications.
Successful completion of the HND in Computing allows direct entry into the University of Greenwich BSc. (Hons) in Computing & Information Systems.