- This course is offered in 90 hours
On completing this course successfully you will be able to:
Critically evaluate the concepts and tools of the relational database management system.
Investigate and analyse the data requirements for a database system design.
Manipulate data and database objects through the use of SQL.
Design and build a database management system that satisfies relational theory and provides users with business queries, business forms, and business reports.
Basic relational database concepts; Use normalisation to design database tables; Reporting and querying data; Restricting, sorting, and grouping data; Understanding Oracle database functions; Transactional processing; Creating database objects; Server side coding: stored procedures and functions, database triggers; Error processing and troubleshooting; Main concepts of building user interface using APEX.
Practical – 50% – Practical development of a database application and supporting documentation.
Examination – 50%
- BSc (Hons) Computing and Information Systems (Top-Up)
The BSc (Hons) Computing and Information Systems top-up degree, awarded by the University of Greenwich, is structured to provide a viable final year, top-up option to graduates of the Higher National Diploma (HND) in Computing programme offered at SBCS.
The next available intake is the January 2019 semester. The registration deadline is January 19th, 2019
At SBCS we focus on -
- Producing graduates who are capable of thinking critically, creatively and ethically.
- Graduates who are team players with the ability to communicate persuasively.
- Read what some of our graduates have to say.
Highlights at a glance -
- Final Year (Top-up) which can be achieved in eighteen (18) months.
- 6 assignments, 1 exam. Students pursue 4 core modules and select 3 electives.
- Portfolio of work created during the programme contributes to the graduate's marketability and prospects for employment.
- Multiple modes and locations for delivery (Full/Part Time)
- Expert Lecturers
- Teleios Code Jam
- Talent and Innovation Competition of the America (TIC)
- Idea 2 Innovation
CSEC or CXC graduates, can follow our pathway to the BSc (Hons) Computing and Information Systems degree. Click below for details.