- This course is offered in 90 hours
On completing this course successfully you will be able to:
Critically evaluate the concepts and tools of the relational database management system.
Investigate and analyse the data requirements for a database system design.
Manipulate data and database objects through the use of SQL.
Design and build a database management system that satisfies relational theory and provides users with business queries, business forms, and business reports.
Basic relational database concepts; Use normalisation to design database tables; Reporting and querying data; Restricting, sorting, and grouping data; Understanding Oracle database functions; Transactional processing; Creating database objects; Server side coding: stored procedures and functions, database triggers; Error processing and troubleshooting; Main concepts of building user interface using APEX.
Practical – 50% – Practical development of a database application and supporting documentation.
Examination – 50%
- BSc (Hons) Computing and Information Systems Top-up degree
The BSc (Hons) Computing and Information Systems top-up degree, awarded by the University of Greenwich, is structured to provide a viable final year, top-up option to graduates of the Higher National Diploma (HND) in Computing programme offered at SBCS.
At SBCS we focus on -
- Producing graduates who are capable of thinking critically, creatively and ethically.
- Graduates who are team players with the ability to communicate persuasively.
- Read what some of our graduates have to say.
Highlights at a glance -
- Final Year (Top-up) which can be achieved in eighteen (18) months.
- 6 assignments, 1 exam. Students pursue 4 core modules and select 3 electives.
- Portfolio of work created during the programme contributes to the graduate's marketability and prospects for employment.
- Multiple modes and locations for delivery (Full/Part Time)
- Expert Lecturers
- Teleios Code Jam
- Talent and Innovation Competition of the America (TIC)
- Idea 2 Innovation
CSEC or CXC graduates, can follow our pathway to the BSc (Hons) Computing and Information Systems degree. Click below for details.