The aim of this course is to introduce more advanced database concepts and provide the necessary knowledge and practical skills of creating and maintaining the database including database objects and data. It also teaches how to protect the database by designing a backup and recovery strategy; diagnose and tune common database performance problems.
- This course is offered in 90 hours
On completing this course successfully you will be able to:
- Critically evaluate the concepts and tools of the database management system.
- Demonstrate systematic knowledge of the database architecture.
- Design database backup and recovery strategy.
- Develop critical awareness of issues relating to database management and practical skills to solve common database administration problems.
Exploring the database architecture; Creating the database; Managing the database instance; Managing database storage structures; Managing transactional processing and locking mechanism; Database security; Monitoring the database and using the advisors; Backup and recovery concepts; Investigating, reporting, and resolving problems.
In lectures students will be introduced to the issues affecting the design, development and management of the database. In the lab sessions students will learn how to create, maintain and protect the database.
- BSc (Hons) Computing (Top-Up)
The University of Greenwich's BSc (Hons) Computing top-up degree with its newly developed specialisms in Computing (General), Information Systems or Networking, is structured to provide a final year top-up option to graduates of the:
- Higher National Diploma (HND) in Computing
- UTT NETD in Computer Engineering
- ROYTEC Associate Degree in Information Systems Management
- NCC Advanced Diploma in Computing
Applicants with a similar level qualification may also be eligible for the final year top-up. See our Entry Requirements tab below for more information or email us at CITE@sbcs.edu.tt
The next intake for this programme will be in January 2021. Registration deadline is January 9th 2021.
For more details on fees and courses: Download the Programme Brief.
Why pursue the BSc (Hons) Computing top-up from the University of Greenwich?
- Duration of the top-up is one year
- Allows for specializations in Computing (General), Information Systems or Networking
- All classes are delivered entirely online and sessions are recorded.
- Comprises of four modules and one Final Project
- Flexible payment plans are available
- The University of Greenwich is well established and has been in existence since 1890
- SBCS GLI has been a collaborative partner with the University for 20 years
At SBCS we focus on -
- Producing graduates who are capable of thinking critically, creatively and ethically.
- Graduates who are team players with the ability to communicate persuasively.
- Read what some of our graduates have to say.