- This course is offered in 90 hours
On completing this course successfully you will be able to:
- Critically evaluate the concepts and tools of the database management system.
- Demonstrate systematic knowledge of the database architecture.
- Design database backup and recovery strategy.
- Develop critical awareness of issues relating to database management and practical skills to solve common database administration problems.
Exploring the database architecture; Creating the database; Managing the database instance; Managing database storage structures; Managing transactional processing and locking mechanism; Database security; Monitoring the database and using the advisors; Backup and recovery concepts; Investigating, reporting, and resolving problems.
Exam – 80%, Coursework – 20%, Pass mark 40%.
- Computing and Information Systems Top-up degree
The University of Greenwich BSc. (Hons) Computing and Information Systems top-up degree, is professionally accredited by the British Computer Society (BCS), the Chartered Engineering Institution for Information Systems Engineering and the Accreditation Council of Trinidad and Tobago.
This IT degree aims to bridge the gap between academia and industry. The courses have been designed in conjunction with both local and international industry and are continually monitored to ensure they match the needs of this exciting but fast changing industry.
It is an excellent programme for Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Higher National Diploma holders who are ready to earn a bachelors degree in the field of Information Technology.
The assessment criteria is predominantly assignment based, providing many real life problems which require solutions. Graduating students often tend to create a portfolio of work which proves to be a valuable asset.
In order to obtain the BSc. (Hons) Computing and Information Systems degree, students will pursue -
At SBCS we focus on -
- Producing graduates who are capable of thinking critically, creatively and ethically.
- Graduates who are team players with the ability to communicate persuasively.
- Read what some of our graduates have to say.
Highlights at a glance -
- Final Year (Top-up)
- Accredited by the British Computer Society (Global Recognition and Portability)
- Multiple Modes of Delivery (Full/Part Time)
- Multiple Campuses
- Expert Lecturers