In order to build effective and secure web applications, a practitioner needs to comprehensively understand the complex behaviour of web clients and web servers. The diversity of technologies that are brought together in developing web applications can be daunting. This course provides an opportunity to understand basic web development through the practical implementation of a realistic database driven web application with emphasis on secure design guidelines.
- Utilise current and emerging open source server-side and client-side technologies to create database-driven secure Web Applications.
- Describe and critically discuss the design, legal, social, ethical and professional issues involved in secure Web application development
Developing a stateful secure web application using the stateless HTTP request – response protocol
Desktop web clients such as: Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Safari and Internet Explorer
Web servers and server-side technologies: Apache, PHP, Session Management, Database connectivity using MySQL.
Web application development tools: EditPlus (or any IDE/a minimal Text Editor), Firefox, Chrome.
Issues and considerations in web application development: standards, maintenance, efficiency, stability, law, standards, security and privacy.
- MSc Operational Cyber Security
REGISTRATION IS CURRENTLY CLOSED FOR THIS PROGRAMME
The MSc Operational Cyber Security, awarded by the University of Greenwich, is structured to provide a viable option to graduates of:
- Any degree from a science background, a Law or a business degree.
- Any non-computer science subject with Upper Second Class Honours or above
- University of Greenwich's BSc (Hons) Computing and Information System with Upper Second Class Honours or above
- Mature applicants who demonstrate academic potential and work experience can also be assessed for eligibility.
- Applicants with a similar level qualification may also be eligible for more information or email us at CITE@sbcs.edu.tt
Students on the MSc Operational Cyber Security will learn a wide range of practical and theoretical skills which will develop a sound knowledge of cyber security and its application in real life situations.
ALUMNI GET 10% OFF TUITION
Highlights at a glance
- Pursue one module per month and pay as you go
- Total duration - 2 years
- All material provided digitally
- Blended approach to learning with a combination of self study, online sessions and workshops
Programme Content at a glance
- Modern methods and techniques for cyber security, including penetration testing and IT auditing.
- Basic concepts of networking, developing web applications, cyber security and risk management.
- Techniques in cyber security, cyber physical security and forensics investigations.
- The modern computing environment and software tools for a cyber security professional.
- Specialised advanced topics in the area of security and its applications.
- Research tools and techniques appropriate to the cyber security domain.
At SBCS we focus on
- Producing graduates who are capable of thinking critically, creatively and ethically.
- Graduates that can contribute to emerging industries and societal development.
- Read what some of our graduates have to say.