This unit will enable the learner to appreciate that design involves synthesising parameters that will affect the design solution. The learner will prepare a design specification against a customer’s specific requirements. They will then prepare a design report that provides an analysis of possible design solutions, an evaluation of costs and an indication of how the proposed design meets the customer’s specification. It is expected that the learner will, during the design processes, make full use of appropriate information and communication technology (ICT).
- This course is offered in 45 hours.
- BTEC Higher National Diploma (HND) in Automotive Engineering
The main aims of the BTEC Higher National Diploma (HND) in Automotive Engineering are to:
- Prepare students for a range of technical, professional and management career disciplines in automotive engineering by providing them with the core knowledge, skills and techniques required.
- Enable students to make an immediate contribution in employment within the automotive engineering sector.
- Provide students with a flexible progression pathway to an undergraduate degree or further professional qualification in automotive engineering.
- Develop a range of skills and techniques, personal qualities and attitudes essential for successful performance in working life.