The mathematics that is delivered in this unit is that which is directly applicable to the engineering industry, and it will help to increase students’ knowledge of the broad underlying principles within this discipline.
The aim of this unit is to develop students’ skills in the mathematical principles and theories that underpin the engineering curriculum. Students will be introduced to mathematical methods and statistical techniques in order to analyse and solve problems within an engineering context.
On successful completion of this unit students will be able to employ mathematical methods within a variety of contextualised examples, interpret data using statistical techniques, and use analytical and computational methods to evaluate and solve engineering problems.
- This course is offered in 45 hours.
- BTEC Higher National Diploma (HND) in Engineering (Mechanical Engineering)
The Pearson BTEC Higher National Diploma (HND) in Engineering (Mechanical Engineering) programme will develop students into highly trained, competent professionals, who are able to meet the demands of employers in the various engineering sectors. This qualification also serves as the next step for students completing the SBCS Diploma in Electrical and Mechanical Engineering Technology programme and are interested in pursuing an undergraduate degree programme.
Why choose the HND in Engineering (Mechanical Engineering)?
- Recognition: This is an Internationally recognized qualification, recognized in more than 70 countries worldwide.
- Final Year Entry: Graduates of this programme gain direct access to the final year of an undergraduate degree programme such as the University of Greenwich BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering programme.
- Career focused: The curriculum was developed to meet the needs of the current marketplace after consultation with employers, students, and professional bodies.
- Practical hands-on training: Emphasis is placed on practical training and the application of the knowledge taught.
Why study Mechanical Engineering at SBCS?
- Instructors are certified, highly skilled and experienced practitioners who bring their knowledge and work experience to the classroom.
- Modern, fully equipped labs. You learn using the same equipment you will encounter in the field.
- Convenient class schedules. Work, Earn and Study at the same time. Classes are offered on a part-time basis, which allows working individuals to balance their work and educational needs.
To view our photo gallery please click here.
Registration is currently OPEN. Semester starts October 2018.
- Alumni Special: Alumni and immediate family get 30% off registration fees for the first year of study i.e. three (3) semesters.
- Group Plans: Get 25% off the registration fee for the first semester for two 2 persons. Rate increases by 5% for each additional person.
FEE AMOUNT NOTE SBCS Registration Fee
First semester: TT$150
Remaining semesters: TT$850 each
Payable upon registration every semester (for 6 semesters) Tuition Fee
TT$1,500 (Foundation Semester)
TT$2,200 (per 15 credit module)
TT$4,400 (per 30 credit module)
Total Tuition Fee over 2 years: TT$36,700 BTEC Registration Fee
£450 (one-time payment)
Payable by: November 30, 2018 BTEC Annual Fee £20 (per year) Payable each year from Year 2
Please note: All information provided is subject to change without prior notice.