- This course is offered in 36 hours
At the end of the course, the student will:
a) recognise the importance of organisations having a robust and effective environmental management strategy;
b) be familiar with the relevant national and international environmental strategies;
c) understand how implementation of environmental management strategies can be successfully undertaken;
d) appreciate the origins and importance of sustainability and its influence on work activities;
e) recognise the role of national and international administrative and legislative controls in respect of environmental protection.
Sustainability: Origins/concept/definitions (Brundtland Report), recent developments at international and national levels, issues of implantation/ the local dimension. Sustainability and policy process: the environmental debate, planning as a control and policy process, broader environmental policy and control mechanisms including environmental health.
The concepts, theory and application of environmental strategy. Approaches to environmental management, ISO 14000 and other national and international standards.
Environmental assessment. Derelict land and contaminated land; development and the suitable for use approach versus the multi-functionality approach; proactive and reactive intervention; traditional and novel remediation methods.
Statutory and Administrative Control :
Control of environmental pollutants by legislative and other non-technical means – authorisations to discharge, licensing schemes, etc.
The learning time for a 15 credit level 3 course is approximately 150 hours, and as the course is studied in distance learning mode, this will be largely student centred.
Students will receive comprehensive study materials. There will also be at least one intensive study school, which will adopt a problem solving approach to the subject.
|Method of Assessment||Weighting (%)||Pass Mark|
- BSc. (Hons) Occupational Safety, Health and Environment (Top-Up)
EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT: Register on or before DECEMBER 22, 2022 and get 10% off your first semester tuition.
The BSc (Hons) Occupational Health, Safety and Environment extended final year top-up degree, awarded by the University of Greenwich, is structured to provide a viable option to graduates of:
- Associate Degree in Occupational Safety and Health from COSTAATT
- Associate Degree in Occupational Safety and Health from Cipriani College
- NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety
- Associate Degree in a Science or Engineering discipline & SBCS GLI Fundamentals to Health Safety and the Environment
Don't possess one of the above qualifications?
Would you like to change your discipline of study to a more relevant field in the current environment?
If you possess an Associate Degree in a different discipline, access our bridging programme Fundamentals to Health Safety and the Environment and gain direct entry to the BSc (Hons) Occupational Safety Health and Environment
Interested in this option email us at CITE@sbcs.edu.tt for more information.
NEXT INTAKE: February 2023
EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT VALID UNTIL: 22 December 2022
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: 28 January 2023
CLASSES BEGIN: 04 February 2023
For more details on fees, payment plans and courses: DOWNLOAD THE BRIEF
Highlights at a glance -
- Extended Final Year (Top-up) 2 years in duration
- IOSH Accredited (Global Recognition and Portability)
- Graduates will be eligible to apply for Graduate Membership from IOSH.
- Expert Lecturers
At SBCS we focus on -.
- Producing graduates who are capable of thinking critically, creatively and ethically.
- Graduates who are team players with the ability to communicate persuasively.