- This course is offered in 36 hours
At the end of the course, the student will:
a) Understand the concept of the human – machine interface,
b) Be able to explain the factors influencing the reception, processing and storage of information in humans,
c) Understand how physiological characteristics influence the extent of physical activity,
d) Have acquired knowledge of anthropometric principles and their application,
e) Be able to demonstrate the application of ergonomics in the occupational environment.
The course will consider both the physiological and psychological aspects of ergonomics. Specific subjects will include ergonomic physiology of work, manual handling, repetitive task, the effects of posture, Information processing and human-machine interactions.
The emphasis will be on student-centered work supported by distance learning materials. WebCT will be used to support this course.
|Methods of Assessment||Weighting %||Minimum Pass Mark|
- BSc. (Hons) Occupational Safety, Health and Environment (Top-Up)
The registration deadline is 31 January 2020.
The next intake for the BSc (Hons) Occupational Health, Safety and Environment is February 2019.
The BSc (Hons) Occupational Health, Safety and Environment extended final year top-up degree, awarded by the University of Greenwich, is structured to provide a viable option to graduates of:
- Associate Degree in Occupational Safety and Health from COSTAATT
- Associate Degree in Occupational Safety and Health from Cipriani College
- NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety
- Associate Degree in a Science or Engineering discipline
Applicants with a similar level qualification may also be eligible for the extended final year top-up. See our Entry Requirements tab below for more information or email us at CITE@sbcs.edu.tt
Early Bird Offer valid until 25 January 2020
- Earn 10% off tuition
- Registration fee waived (save $200)
Highlights at a glance -
- Extended Final Year (Top-up) 2 years in duration
- IOSH Accredited (Global Recognition and Portability)
- Graduates will be eligible to apply for Graduate Membership from IOSH.
- Expert Lecturers
At SBCS we focus on -.
- Producing graduates who are capable of thinking critically, creatively and ethically.
- Graduates who are team players with the ability to communicate persuasively.