- This course is offered in 36 hours
At the end of the course, the student will:
a) Understand the concept of the human – machine interface,
b) Be able to explain the factors influencing the reception, processing and storage of information in humans,
c) Understand how physiological characteristics influence the extent of physical activity,
d) Have acquired knowledge of anthropometric principles and their application,
e) Be able to demonstrate the application of ergonomics in the occupational environment.
The course will consider both the physiological and psychological aspects of ergonomics. Specific subjects will include ergonomic physiology of work, manual handling, repetitive task, the effects of posture, Information processing and human-machine interactions.
The emphasis will be on student-centered work supported by distance learning materials. WebCT will be used to support this course.
|Methods of Assessment||Weighting %||Minimum Pass Mark|
- BSc. (Hons) Occupational Safety, Health and Environment (Top-Up)
The next intake for the BSc (Hons) Occupational Health, Safety and Environment is February 2021.
The registration deadline is 15 January 2021.
EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT: Register on or before 22 December and get 10% off tuition paid.
The BSc (Hons) Occupational Health, Safety and Environment extended final year top-up degree, awarded by the University of Greenwich, is structured to provide a viable option to graduates of:
- Associate Degree in Occupational Safety and Health from COSTAATT
- Associate Degree in Occupational Safety and Health from Cipriani College
- NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety
- Associate Degree in a Science or Engineering discipline & SBCS GLI Fundamentals to Health Safety and the Environment
Don't possess one of the above qualifications?
Would you like to change your discipline of study to a more relevant field in the current environment?
If you possess an Associate Degree in a different discipline access our bridging programme Fundamentals to Health Safety and the Environment and gain direct entry to the BSc (Hons) Occupational Safety Health and Environment
Interested in this option email us at CITE@sbcs.edu.tt for more information.
Highlights at a glance -
- Extended Final Year (Top-up) 2 years in duration
- IOSH Accredited (Global Recognition and Portability)
- Graduates will be eligible to apply for Graduate Membership from IOSH.
- Expert Lecturers
At SBCS we focus on -.
- Producing graduates who are capable of thinking critically, creatively and ethically.
- Graduates who are team players with the ability to communicate persuasively.