This course articulates from the core Finance course, examining familiar concepts in an Oil and Gas industry context, and introducing new concepts that are of relevance to Managers it is designed to enhance the ability to apply financial tools and ideas to organisations in this industry.
- 40 Contact Hours
- Governance and agency issues.
- Interest rates.
- Capital budgeting.
- Company valuation.
- International Finance.
- Equity and commodity risk.
- Payout policy.
- Capital structure.
- Derivatives building blocks and options.
- MBA with Specialism in Oil and Gas Management
It takes skill, determination and, of course, specialist knowledge.
Our specialist MBAs give you just that depth of understanding.
This programme encompasses the same seven core courses of the standard MBA, but, instead of the two elective courses, you take four specialist courses in oil and gas management.
This new MBA specialism will provide you with the cutting edge management skills that are needed by every successful manager to today’s competitive world, plus a detailed knowledge and expertise that is specifically relevant to the oil and gas industry.
The specialism is based on a pioneering work done by Edinburgh Business School developing the content in close association with industry practitioners, and it has been extensively market tested. The ‘students’ will be experienced managers, or those aspiring to work in public or private oil and gas producers, service providers and specialist engineering organisations.
You work towards your MBA on a course-by-course basis. After completing three courses, you are eligible for a Postgraduate Certificate in Business Administration, and after six courses for a Postgraduate Diploma in Business Administration.
- Heriot Watt University holds a Royal Charter from the UK Government.
- Read more on the Heriot Watt University Accreditation.
- Heriot Watt University is also reviewed by the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA) UK.
- Ranked 35th out of 132 UK universities in the Complete University Guide 2020.
- Named by The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide as International University of the Year 2018.
- Click here for the full list of HWU rankings.
There are two tuition intakes per year for all courses:
- January - May
- July - November
REGISTRATION PERIOD FOR THE JANUARY 2020 SEMESTER:
- Saturday, November 16th , 2019 to Saturday, January 11th, 2020.
MASTER'S PREMIUM INFORMATION SESSION:
- Saturday, November 23rd, 2019
- January 12th, 2020
For further information: