Providing a clear grasp of the financial tools you’ll need to generate net present values figures and understand the principles of financial analysis and quality trade-offs, as well as project management techniques.
- 50 - 60 Contact Hours
- Basic ideas, scope and tools of finance.
- Fundamentals of company investment decisions.
- Earnings, profit and cash flow.
- Investment decisions using weighted average cost of capital.
- Estimating cash flows for investment projects.
- Applications of company investment analysis.
- Risk and company investment decisions.
- Company dividend policy.
- Company capital structure.
- Working capital management.
- International financial management.
- Options, agency, derivatives and financial engineering.
- MSc. Financial Management
The MSc. in Financial Management is targeted at finance professionals and other professionals who want to develop a career in financial management, and who require a wide-ranging understanding of financial techniques and their application - but do not require high-level mathematical understanding of finance theories.
The MSc. offers specialist study in the areas of corporate finance, investments and risk management. It will give students a relevant practical knowledge of finance that can be put into use straight away.
Careers in finance depend upon a strong understanding of the foundations of finance, investment behaviour and the dynamic nature of finance, and the MSc. will provide a strong preparation for a career in a wide variety of positions within the finance profession.
ACCA members can gain a fast-track entry through free-of-charge credit transfer and exemption when they matriculate for the MSc. in Financial Management or the MBA programme offered by Edinburgh Business School, Heriot-Watt University.
Entitlement to credit transfer or exemption will be assessed on an individual basis. A maximum of four exemptions from the nine-module programme may be available.
- Heriot-Watt University holds a Royal Charter from the UK Government.
- Read more on the Heriot-Watt University Accreditation.
- Heriot-Watt University is also reviewed by the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA) UK.
- Ranked 29th out of 130 UK universities in the Complete University Guide 2021.
- Named by The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide as International University of the Year 2018.
- Click here for the full list of HWU rankings.
There are two tuition intakes per year for all courses:
- January - May
- July - November
REGISTRATION PERIOD FOR THE JULY 2020 SEMESTER:
- June 27th - July 11th, 2020
- July 13th, 2020
For further information: