This unit introduces students to digital forensics involving the use of specialised techniques to investigate the recovery, authentication and analysis of data on electronic data storage devices as well as Network Security breaches and cyber attacks using different tools and techniques.
With the current widespread use of digital devices, digital forensics has become an important part of the detection of crime by being able to identify details of what has been stored on a digital device(s) in the past. Students will have the opportunity to learn about some of the lower level structures of data storage devices, and techniques used to investigate them.
- This course is offered in 50 contact hours.
Upon successful completion of this unit, learners will be able to:
- Examine the processes and procedures for carrying out digital Forensic Investigation.
- Discuss the legal and professional guidelines and procedures for carrying out digital Forensic Investigation.
- Use a tool or tools to conduct digital Forensic Investigation on devices or networks or cyber attacks.
- Develop a Test Plan and make some recommendations for use in digital Forensic Investigation.
- BTEC Higher National Diploma (HND) in Computing
Acquire an honours degree in Computing via the Pearson BTEC HND in Computing route.
The BTEC Level 5 Higher National Diploma (HND) in Computing is a wide-ranging computing qualification that equips learners with relevant, foundational knowledge and skills in computing and information systems. It is suited to those desirous of pursuing careers in the IT sector, such as systems analysts, software engineers and developers, information system design and management, and IT maintenance and technical services areas, to name a few.
This Level 5 Higher National Diploma qualification is recognised as an accepted route onto the later stages of a number of UK and foreign university qualifications.
Successful completion of the HND in Computing allows direct entry into the University of Greenwich BSc. (Hons) in Computing & Information Systems.