This Unit aims to introduce learners to audio techniques, technology, recording and technical production practice.
Learners will experiment with recording environments, select appropriate technology for their recording needs (e.g. microphones etc.), and develop their skills in audio recording. They will learn about production equipment and principles which will then inform them of the practical application of recording and production techniques and procedures.
- This Unit is offered in 12 contact hours.
On successful completion of this unit a learner will:
- Understand audio recording techniques and technology.
- Be able to capture live and pre-recorded audio content.
- Be able to use sound production techniques.
- Be able to follow sound production procedures.
- Higher Education Bridging Programme: Matriculation to BA (Hons) Media and Communications
The Higher Education Bridge Programme (HEBP) is designed to provide Level 5 learning to students who were previously enrolled in Level 4 media-related programmes. This programme will provide learners with a range of research and technical skills including academic essay writing, video production, editing and sound recording.
Upon completion of the HEBP participants will be able to matriculate to the BA (Hons) Media and Communications programme which is offered in collaboration with the University of Greenwich. The HEBP will be offered over four months and will commence in January or May each year.