This unit aims to enable learners to develop their knowledge and understanding of a chosen aspect of creative media production and their skills in researching and presenting an individual investigation.
This Unit provides learners with an opportunity to identify a particular area of study or practice and develop academic writing and research skills for investigating a specific subject area.
- This Unit is offered in 36 contact hours.
On successful completion of this unit a learner will:
- Be able to research and select appropriate materials for investigations into creative media production
- Be able to present results of investigations into creative media production
- Be able reflect on own performance and learning
- Higher Education Bridging Programme: Matriculation to BA (Hons) Media and Communications
The Higher Education Bridge Programme (HEBP) is designed to provide Level 5 learning to students who were previously enrolled in Level 4 media-related programmes. This programme will provide learners with a range of research and technical skills including academic essay writing, video production, editing and sound recording.
Upon completion of the HEBP participants will be able to matriculate to the BA (Hons) Media and Communications programme which is offered in collaboration with the University of Greenwich. The HEBP will be offered over four months and will commence in January or May each year.