OUTCOME: On completion of this unit, candidates will be able to assess a range of processes that help achieve improvements in business performance through its supply chain. This unit is designed to help candidates understand a range of techniques to improve the competitiveness of organisations in supply chains.
- This course is offered in 50 hours
Upon successful completion of this unit the learner will be able to:
- Understand the dynamics of supply chains
- Understand the main methodologies that can improve supply chains
- Be able to develop a plan to achieve competitive advantage in supply chains
- Understand the main techniques for supplier development to improve supply chains
This unit is examination based and comprises of a pre-released case. The case will be 12-15 pages long and based on a realistic organisation. The case is published on the website at least four weeks in advance of the exam date to allow candidates to analyse the information and prepare for the exam. The exam is open-book and there will be four exam questions each worth 25 marks, each testing a different learning outcome. Questions should be answered within the context of the case.
- Advanced Diploma in Procurement and Supply
Gain an Industry-driven, Internationally recognised Procurement and Supply Qualification!
The Advanced Diploma in Procurement and Supply consists of three compulsory units. Additionally you must choose two optional units from a choice of three.
This Level focuses on cost reduction and added value of purchases and supplies, improving timescales and stock control, management and innovation in the procurement and supply process, and developing legal and risk management expertise.