- To develop the necessary knowledge and skills to manage the content of enterprise-wide data-driven web sites and intranets and their related databases.
- To extend student's knowledge of the technical and managerial issues affecting the management of large-scale content management systems.
- To develop critical awareness of issues relating to the content management of web sites and intranets.
- This course is offered in 60 hours
By the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Design and build Enterprise Content Management Systems.
- Critically evaluate the implementation and management of security in web environments.
- Appraise the legal, ethical and social aspects of web-based systems.
- Critically evaluate Quality Assurance in web-based Content Management Systems.
- Understand how information is used and stored in large enterprises;
- Understand how to develop information and retention policies for enterprises.
- Form an information and retention policy;
- Build a enterprise content management system to a given specification.
Information as a resource in large enterprises; Information Architecture of enterprise web sites and intranets; Security issues in Content Management Systems; Information Management Policies; Accessibility issues; Requirements specifications and Testing for Content Management; Legal, ethical and social issues.
- Coursework 1 – 50%
- Coursework 2 – 50%
Exam for this module is held in December of each year
- BSc (Hons) Computing and Information Systems Top-up degree
The BSc (Hons) Computing and Information Systems top-up degree, awarded by the University of Greenwich, is structured to provide a viable final year, top-up option to graduates of the Higher National Diploma (HND) in Computing programme offered at SBCS.
At SBCS we focus on -
- Producing graduates who are capable of thinking critically, creatively and ethically.
- Graduates who are team players with the ability to communicate persuasively.
- Read what some of our graduates have to say.
Highlights at a glance -
- Final Year (Top-up) which can be achieved in eighteen (18) months.
- 6 assignments, 1 exam. Students pursue 4 core modules and select 3 electives.
- Portfolio of work created during the programme contributes to the graduate's marketability and prospects for employment.
- Multiple modes and locations for delivery (Full/Part Time)
- Expert Lecturers
- Teleios Code Jam
- Talent and Innovation Competition of the America (TIC)
- Idea 2 Innovation
CSEC or CXC graduates, can follow our pathway to the BSc (Hons) Computing and Information Systems degree. Click below for details.