- To develop the necessary knowledge and skills to manage the content of enterprise-wide data-driven web sites and intranets and their related databases.
- To extend student's knowledge of the technical and managerial issues affecting the management of large-scale content management systems.
- To develop critical awareness of issues relating to the content management of web sites and intranets.
- This course is offered in 60 hours
By the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Design and build Enterprise Content Management Systems.
- Critically evaluate the implementation and management of security in web environments.
- Appraise the legal, ethical and social aspects of web-based systems.
- Critically evaluate Quality Assurance in web-based Content Management Systems.
- Understand how information is used and stored in large enterprises;
- Understand how to develop information and retention policies for enterprises.
- Form an information and retention policy;
- Build a enterprise content management system to a given specification.
Information as a resource in large enterprises; Information Architecture of enterprise web sites and intranets; Security issues in Content Management Systems; Information Management Policies; Accessibility issues; Requirements specifications and Testing for Content Management; Legal, ethical and social issues.
- Coursework 1 – 50%
- Coursework 2 – 50%
Exam for this module is held in December of each year
- BSc (Hons) Computing and Information Systems (Top-Up)
The BSc (Hons) Computing and Information Systems top-up degree, awarded by the University of Greenwich, is structured to provide a viable final year, top-up option to graduates of the Higher National Diploma (HND) in Computing programme offered at SBCS.
The next available intake is the January 2019 semester. The registration deadline is January 19th, 2019
At SBCS we focus on -
- Producing graduates who are capable of thinking critically, creatively and ethically.
- Graduates who are team players with the ability to communicate persuasively.
- Read what some of our graduates have to say.
Highlights at a glance -
- Final Year (Top-up) which can be achieved in eighteen (18) months.
- 6 assignments, 1 exam. Students pursue 4 core modules and select 3 electives.
- Portfolio of work created during the programme contributes to the graduate's marketability and prospects for employment.
- Multiple modes and locations for delivery (Full/Part Time)
- Expert Lecturers
- Teleios Code Jam
- Talent and Innovation Competition of the America (TIC)
- Idea 2 Innovation
CSEC or CXC graduates, can follow our pathway to the BSc (Hons) Computing and Information Systems degree. Click below for details.