This unit introduces students to the basic principles of an ISMS and how businesses use them to effectively manage the ongoing protection of sensitive information they hold. There are many reasons for establishing an ISMS for an organisation, but one of the main goals is to enable the organisation to manage information security as a single entity which can be monitored and continually improved upon.
This unit considers information security management in a business context and will allow students to understand how modern organisations manage the ongoing threats to their sensitive assets.
- This course is offered in 50 contact hours.
Upon successful completion of this unit, learners will be able to:
- Explore the basic principles of information security management.
- Critically assess how an organisation can implement and maintain an Information Security Management System (ISMS).
- Appraise an ISMS and describe any weaknesses it may contain.
- Examine the strengths and weaknesses of implementing ISMS standards.
- BTEC Higher National Diploma (HND) in Computing
Acquire an honours degree in Computing via the Pearson BTEC HND in Computing route.
The BTEC Level 5 Higher National Diploma (HND) in Computing (RQF) is a wide-ranging computing qualification that equips learners with relevant, foundational knowledge and skills in computing and information systems. It is suited to those desirous of pursuing careers in the IT sector, such as systems analysts, software engineers and developers, information system design and management, and IT maintenance and technical services areas, to name a few.
This Level 5 Higher National Diploma qualification is recognised as an accepted route onto the later stages of a number of UK and foreign university qualifications.
It comprises 15 units; 12 core, and 3 electives specific to your chosen specialism (Application Development, Security and Network Engineering). Successful completion of the HND in Computing allows direct entry into the University of Greenwich BSc. (Hons) in Computing & Information Systems.
Upon completion of that baccalaureate qualification, you can progress on to the University of Greenwich MSc. Operational Cyber Security.
CSEC/CXC graduates: your internationally-recognised honours degree is closer than you think. Click to find out how.
- Short Business Courses
- Short Information Technology Courses
- Diploma in Computing
- BSc (Hons) Computing & Information Systems
- MSc Operational Cyber Security