- This course is offered in 60 hours
By the end of this course students will be able to:
- Discuss the role and significance of how information technology can aid the business enterprise.
- Explain the activities involved in assessing how information technology systems support the business.
- Evaluate the methods and techniques used to assess and monitor information technology systems, including e-business and e-commerce.
Types of information technology systems; enterprise and functional information technology systems; systems implementation. Strategic decision making within Business and how to employ e-business; understanding
Ethical, Legal, Social & Professional Issues:
This course deals with a variety of ELSP issues including, information and data privacy; external and internal risks such as security, viruses and hacking; software copying; moral, legal and ethical dilemmas; professional conduct in a working environment.
Personal and Professional Skills:
A range of personal and professional skills will be developed during the course. The coursework typically will focus on an appropriate case study and involve the application of a range of skills developed during the course. This will allow for the development of comprehension, synthesis, analysis and critical evaluation abilities.
Tutorials will involve case study analysis to be carried out individually or in teams and will allow for the development of communication skills, problem solving, presentation, and critical evaluation.
Coursework – 100%
- Computing and Information Systems Top-up degree
The University of Greenwich BSc Computing and Information Systems top-up degree, is professionally accredited by the British Computer Society (BCS), the Chartered Engineering Institution for Information Systems Engineering, and the Accreditation Council of Trinidad and Tobago.
This IT degree aims to bridge the gap between academia and industry. The courses have been designed in conjunction with both the local and international industry; and are continually monitored to ensure they match the needs of this exciting but fast changing industry.
It is an excellent programme for Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Higher National Diploma holders who are ready to earn a bachelors degree in the field of Information Technology.
The assessment criteria is predominantly assignment based, providing many real life problems which require solutions. Graduating students often tend to create a portfolio of work which proves to be a valuable asset.
In order to obtain the BSc. (Hons) Computing and Information Systems degree, students will pursue -
At SBCS we focus on -
- Producing graduates who are capable of thinking critically, creatively and ethically.
- Graduates who are team players with the ability to communicate persuasively.
- Read what some of our graduates have to say.
Highlights at a glance -
- Final Year (Top-up)
- Accredited by the British Computer Society (Global Recognition and Portability)
- Multiple Modes of Delivery (Full/Part Time)
- Multiple Campuses
- Expert Lecturers