- This course is offered in 60 hours
By the end of this course students will be able to:
- Discuss the role and significance of how information technology can aid the business enterprise.
- Explain the activities involved in assessing how information technology systems support the business.
- Evaluate the methods and techniques used to assess and monitor information technology systems, including e-business and e-commerce.
Types of information technology systems; enterprise and functional information technology systems; systems implementation. Strategic decision making within Business and how to employ e-business; understanding
Ethical, Legal, Social & Professional Issues:
This course deals with a variety of ELSP issues including, information and data privacy; external and internal risks such as security, viruses and hacking; software copying; moral, legal and ethical dilemmas; professional conduct in a working environment.
Personal and Professional Skills:
A range of personal and professional skills will be developed during the course. The coursework typically will focus on an appropriate case study and involve the application of a range of skills developed during the course. This will allow for the development of comprehension, synthesis, analysis and critical evaluation abilities.
Tutorials will involve case study analysis to be carried out individually or in teams and will allow for the development of communication skills, problem solving, presentation, and critical evaluation.
Coursework – 100%
- BSc (Hons) Computing and Information Systems Top-up degree
The BSc (Hons) Computing and Information Systems top-up degree, awarded by the University of Greenwich, is structured to provide a viable final year, top-up option to graduates of the Higher National Diploma (HND) in Computing programme offered at SBCS.
The next available intake is the January 2019 semester. The registration deadline is January 19th, 2019
At SBCS we focus on -
- Producing graduates who are capable of thinking critically, creatively and ethically.
- Graduates who are team players with the ability to communicate persuasively.
- Read what some of our graduates have to say.
Highlights at a glance -
- Final Year (Top-up) which can be achieved in eighteen (18) months.
- 6 assignments, 1 exam. Students pursue 4 core modules and select 3 electives.
- Portfolio of work created during the programme contributes to the graduate's marketability and prospects for employment.
- Multiple modes and locations for delivery (Full/Part Time)
- Expert Lecturers
- Teleios Code Jam
- Talent and Innovation Competition of the America (TIC)
- Idea 2 Innovation
CSEC or CXC graduates, can follow our pathway to the BSc (Hons) Computing and Information Systems degree. Click below for details.