OUTCOME: On completion of this unit, candidates will be able to select appropriate techniques to ensure the right inventory can be purchased or supplied. This unit focuses on the techniques that can be applied to achieve the availability of inventories through the flow of materials and information.
- is course is offered in 30 hours
Upon successful completion of this unit the learner will be able to:
- Understand the main implications of purchasing and supplying inventory
- Know the main methods for the storage and movement of inventory
- Understand the principles of transportation in logistics
This unit is examination based and comprises of 60 multiple-choice questions (MCQs). Select one correct answer from four options. There will be 20 MCQs testing each learning outcome.
- Advanced Certificate in Procurement and Supply Operations
The Advanced Certificate will provide students with an understanding of supply market analysis and its importance to the procurement process. It is the ideal qualification for those in an operational role, tasked with procurement and supply responsibilities.
This level will also expand their understanding of the logistical issues that organisations are faced with when trading internationally and an introduction to specialist techniques that organisations purchasing internationally will need to employ.
Already achieved this level, or want to advance your procurement and supply study? See our portfolio of further CIPS qualifications:
- Diploma in Procurement and Supply
- Advanced Diploma in Procurement and Supply
- Professional Diploma in Procurement and Supply
January - June 2018 Semester Schedules for CIPS: