This course will provide security professionals with an understanding of the legal and ethical issues surrounding current day systems as they relate to cyber security and cyber crime.
To appreciate the issues relating to aspects of British Law for the collection of computer forensics evidence and presentation of the evidence in court.
Identify the ethical issues related to ethical hacking and to undertaking forensics investigations.
Identify the relevant laws which apply to the security of information systems.
Introduction to Information Technology Law
The nature of cybercrime and cybercriminals. Case studies: computer misuse, hacking, viruses, criminal damage and mail-bombing’ pornography and obscenity.
Crime and law enforcement: fraud and identity theft; grooming, harassment, and cyberstalking; the Convention on Cybercrime. Legal issues: Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act, E-commerce.
Digitisation and society (social networking, e-health, data collection etc.).
Legal issues : Computer Misuse Act, forensic data, Police & Criminal Evidence Act.
The laws, rules, regulations, rights and controls for recovering and preserving data and equipment.
Data Protection. Identify ethical and legal issues in cyberspace.
Cyber-forensics and criminal procedure (pre-trial disclosure, abuse of process, admissibility, expert witnesses, court presentation).
- MSc Operational Cyber Security
The MSc Operational Cyber Security, awarded by the University of Greenwich, is structured to provide a viable option to graduates of:
- Any degree from a science background, a Law or a business degree.
- Any non-computer science subject with Upper Second Class Honours or above
- University of Greenwich's BSc (Hons) Computing and Information System with Upper Second Class Honours or above
- Mature applicants who demonstrate academic potential and work experience can also be assessed for eligibility.
- Applicants with a similar level qualification may also be eligible for more information or email us at CITE@sbcs.edu.tt
Students on the MSc Operational Cyber Security will learn a wide range of practical and theoretical skills which will develop a sound knowledge of cyber security and its application in real life situations.
FINAL EXTENSION - REGISTRATION ENDS SEPTEMBER 7th, 2019. Register now and save $1000!
Classes commence September 9th 2019
Highlights at a glance
- Pursue one module per month and pay as you go
- Total duration - 2 years
- All material provided digitally
- Blended approach to learning with a combination of self study, online sessions and workshops
Programme Content at a glance
- Modern methods and techniques for cyber security, including penetration testing and IT auditing.
- Basic concepts of networking, developing web applications, cyber security and risk management.
- Techniques in cyber security, cyber physical security and forensics investigations.
- The modern computing environment and software tools for a cyber security professional.
- Specialised advanced topics in the area of security and its applications.
- Research tools and techniques appropriate to the cyber security domain.
At SBCS we focus on
- Producing graduates who are capable of thinking critically, creatively and ethically.
- Graduates that can contribute to emerging industries and societal development.
- Read what some of our graduates have to say.