This course is designed to provide students with the knowledge, skills, and analytical capabilities needed to practice
leadership in modern organisations. It explores the nature of leadership in terms of how individuals effectively build
agreement to shared goals and courses of action and facilitate organisational movement toward the achievement of
these goals. In particular, we highlight theory and research that accounts for how leaders acquire and exercise social
influence in a manner that contributes to their credibility and the motivation of their followers. The emphasis of the
course will be on application of theory, comparing and contrasting ideas, self-reflection, and self-discovery of one’s own leadership potential and strengths.
- This course is offered in 60 hours
On successful completion of this course a student will be able to:
- Explain and discuss traditional and more recent leadership theories
- Evaluate the usefulness of key theories for understanding leadership in organisations
- Apply leadership theories to practice
- Develop an critical argumentation around leadership topics
- Develop core leadership competencies by applying self-insight tools toward self-exploration
- Introduction to leadership
- Power and Influence
- Individual differences and leadership
- Transformational leadership
- Leadership communication
- Building effective leader-member relationships
- Shared leadership
- Leadership and coaching
- Leading change
The course will be delivered through weekly lectures and seminars. The lectures elaborate the various aspects of
leadership, especially in relation to both contemporary and foundational theories. The activities in the seminars aim to enhance your understanding of leadership concepts through comprehension and practice. Self-development will be facilitated through reflective learning based on engagement in seminars, a leadership consulting exercise, and a final examination.
- BA (Hons) Business Management with specialism in Marketing
This inter-disciplinary degree programme provides a rigorous grounding in business management by developing
your understanding of key aspects of organisations. You will develop a detailed awareness of organisational
behaviour, human resource management, business functions, regulatory frameworks, business ethics, international
business and cultures, entrepreneurship and strategic management. You will acquire people and management skills
as well as developing your analytical skills, your capacity for critical judgement and your ability to make reasoned
choices between alternative solutions.
At SBCS we focus on -
- Producing graduates who are capable of thinking critically, creatively and ethically.
- Graduates who are team players with the ability to communicate persuasively.
Highlights at a glance -
- Final Year (Top-up)
- Global Recognition
- Excellent Facilities and Administrative Support
- Expert Lecturers