This course will help you understand the theories, issues and tools of leadership. At course end, you will not only put yourself in a position to lead, you’ll have the tools at your disposal to develop leadership in your organisation.
- 45-60 Contact Hours
- Learning about leadership.
- Trait theory of leadership.
- Behaviour theory of leadership: what do effective leaders do?
- Transformational theory of leadership: engaging hearts and minds.
- Leadership: a cultural construction?
- Gender and leadership.
- Developing ethical behaviour in our leaders.
- Leading individuals and teams: two distinct roles.
- Leadership across the larger organisation.
- Leadership development in a fast-changing world.
- The development of leadership: tools and practices.
- Strategic leadership.
- Leadership and risk.
- How is leadership studied?
- A critical look at leadership.
- The way forward: our learning and the application of our knowledge of leadership.
- MSc. Strategic Planning
The MSc. in Strategic Planning is the capstone of the core modules in the MBA programme as it draws from the main business disciplines covered in the other six core modules.
This course is designed to assist managers to develop an overall strategic understanding of the organization beyond any one functional area. It looks at the fundamental questions at the heart of strategic planning “What does an organisation want to achieve? How does it go about achieving it?” and helps to formulate suitable answers.
In a world of rapid change, organisations that can identify, design and effectively and efficiently implement these needs are more likely to survive and prosper.
- Heriot Watt University holds a Royal Charter from the UK Government.
- Read more on the Heriot Watt University Accreditation.
- Heriot Watt University is also reviewed by the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA) UK.
- Ranked 35th out of 132 UK universities in the Complete University Guide 2019.
- Named by The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide as International University of the Year 2018.
- Click here for the full list of HWU rankings.
There are two tuition intakes per year for all courses:
- January - May
- July - November
PREMIUM MASTERS EXPERIENCE - INFORMATION SESSION:
- Champs Fleurs - June 1st, 2019 @ 10:00 am
- San Fernando - June 8th, 2019 @ 10:00 am
REGISTRATION PERIOD FOR THE JULY 2019 SEMESTER:
- May 27th - June 29th, 2019
- July 7th, 2019
For further information: