- This course is offered in 60 hours
On completing this course successfully you will be able to:
- Understand the need of creating/maintaining a security policy to ISO standards.
- Understand computer-based crime and its impact on security.
- Develop an understanding of management process of risk.
- Critically appraise deployment of security procedures to ISO standards.
- Understand and apply professional codes of conduct to scenarios.
- Evaluate courses of action to solve problems in real-world security scenarios.
Security: Issues, threats and their impact.
Risk: Identification, analysis and handling.
Nature of Management: Leadership styles, management decision making.
Business Continuity: Contingency planning and disaster recovery.
Compliance with standards/the law/regulatory framework such as Information Security Policy: ISO27001 all sections, Computer Misuse legislation (UK, USA).
Professional and ethical codes of conduct: ISACA, BCS.
Self-study of materials provided via the course website – 20%
Lecture based learning of academic and practitioner concepts – 50%
Classroom based tutorial learning – 30%
Coursework – 50%
Case Study Based.
Learning Outcome: F.
Examination – 50%
A 2 hour examination covering all aspects of the course.
Learning Outcomes: All
Pass mark – 50%