- This course is offered in 60 hours
On completing this course successfully, students will be able to:
- Apply analytical tools needed for the evaluation and comprehension of the extent to which firms achieve strategic success in comparison with their strategic objectives.
- Analyse, apply and evaluate the concepts and models of strategy appraisal and selection of strategic directions.
- Think critically and arguing cogently about strategy implementation.
- Put strategy into perspective relative to other areas of organisational activity and demonstrate their interconnectedness within the whole.
- Critique strategy theories and frameworks with a view to developing deep understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of strategic management.
- Develop an appreciation of strategic management and its contribution to the firm’s performance and competitive advantage.
- Take a rational and intellectually substantiated approach to learning.
This course approaches learning through: 3-hour workshops; student class participation; interactive group experiences; and a systematic student centered process. While scheduled workshops provide a basis for the formal learning, you will also engage weekly with support materials and activities provided on-line by way of Moodle.
First Assignment: Individual Reflective Report on the Business Game Simulation. 50% weighting. Pass mark 40%. 3,500 words (+/- 10%). The assignment requires using the principle of strategic management in a virtual business environment and managing a company with a team by making weekly decisions. A reflective report has then to be written and submitted individually.
Second Assignment: Full Strategic Appraisal of a real company. 50% weighting. Pass mark 40%. 3,500 words (+/- 10%). Undertake a full strategic appraisal of the company given by: a) examining its external and internal environment; b) identifying and evaluating its main strategic options for growth, and c) recommending measures for further development.
- BA (Hons) Human Resource Management (Top-Up) N/A
People and their skills are vital to the success of any organisation. Human resource management (HRM) plays a key role in ensuring that businesses develop this critical resource to achieve strategic success. This programme is for you if you are currently working in, or hope to work in, HRM or general management.
With SBCS, the BA (Hons) Human Resource Management Programme accredited by the University of Greenwich, is a "top up" degree where students with appropriate Higher National Diploma, Advanced Diploma or Associate Degree entry requirements, enter into final year of the globally recognised, BA (Hons) Human Resource Management 3-year programme.
At SBCS we focus on -
- Producing graduates who are capable of thinking critically, creatively and ethically.
- Graduates who are team players with the ability to communicate persuasively.
Highlights at a glance -
- Final Year (Top-up)
- Global Recognition
- Excellent Facilities and Administrative Support
- Expert Lecturers