This unit introduces students to the mathematical principles and theory that underpin the computing curriculum. Through a series of case studies, scenarios and task-based assessments students will explore number theory within a variety of scenarios; use applicable probability theory; apply geometrical and vector methodology, and finally evaluate problems concerning differential and integral calculus.
- This course is offered in 50 contact hours.
Upon successful completion of this unit, learners will be able to:
- Use applied number theory in practical computing scenarios.
- Analyse events using probability theory and probability distributions.
- Determine solutions of graphical examples using geometry and vector methods.
- Evaluate problems concerning differential and integral calculus.
- BTEC Higher National Diploma (HND) in Computing
Acquire an honours degree in Computing via the Pearson BTEC HND in Computing route.
The BTEC Level 5 Higher National Diploma (HND) in Computing is a wide-ranging computing qualification that equips learners with relevant, foundational knowledge and skills in computing and information systems. It is suited to those desirous of pursuing careers in the IT sector, such as systems analysts, software engineers and developers, information system design and management, and IT maintenance and technical services areas, to name a few.
This Level 5 Higher National Diploma qualification is recognised as an accepted route onto the later stages of a number of UK and foreign university qualifications.
It comprises 15 units; 12 core, and 3 electives specific to your chosen specialism (Application Development, Security and Network Engineering). Successful completion of the HND in Computing allows direct entry into the University of Greenwich BSc. (Hons) in Computing & Information Systems.
Upon completion of that baccalaureate qualification, you can progress on to the University of Greenwich MSc. Operational Cyber Security.
CSEC/CXC graduates: your internationally-recognised honours degree is closer than you think. Click to find out how.
- Short Business Courses
- Short Information Technology Courses
- Matriculation to Higher National Diploma in Computing
- BSc (Hons) Computing & Information Systems
- MSc Operational Cyber Security