The syllabus for Paper F6, Taxation, introduces candidates to the subject of taxation and provides the core knowledge of the underlying principles and major technical areas of taxation as they affect the activities of individuals and businesses. Candidates are introduced to the rationale behind - and the functions of - the tax system. The syllabus then considers the separate taxes that an accountant would need to have a detailed knowledge of, such as income tax from self-employment, employment and investments, the corporation tax liability of individual companies and groups of companies, the national insurance contribution liabilities of both employed and self employed persons, the value added tax liability of businesses, and the chargeable gains arising on disposals of investments by both individuals and companies. Having covered the core areas of the basic taxes, candidates should be able to compute tax liabilities, explain the basis of their calculations, apply tax planning techniques for individuals and companies and identify the compliance issues for each major tax through a variety of business and personal scenarios and situations.
- This course is offered in 0 hours
- Knowledge and understanding of the UK tax system
- The importance of taxation to personal and corporate financial management
- The impact of relevant taxes on various situations and courses of action
- Minimising and/or deferring tax liabilities
- Communicating with clients, HM Revenues and customs and other professionals
Please note that SBCS does not presently offer tuition for Paper P6 – Advanced Taxation