At the end of the course, the student will:
a) understand the importance of monitoring, assessing and controlling physical agents in the workplace
b) appreciate the mechanisms associated with physical agents in the workplace
c) be able to identify hazardous physical agents in the workplace and undertake their basic monitoring and control
d) appreciate and understand the application of the control measures available for physical agents in the workplace
Physical hazards of occupational health and occupational hygiene significance, such as workplace lighting and the thermal environment.
Noise in the workplace, the hearing mechanism, permanent and temporary threshold shift, tinnitus, deafness, noise induced hearing loss, noise control measures in the workplace, enclosures, barriers, working practices. Assessment, selection and use of ear defenders, information instruction and training.
Hazards associated with workplace vibration. Measurement and control of workplace vibration risks.
Ionising and non-ionising radiation. Radiation sources and hazards, health effects of radiation. Handling and use of radioactive sources. Radiation monitoring and control measures. PPE worn in respect of radiation.
The learning time for a 15 credit level 3 courses is approximately 100 hours, and as the course is studied in distance learning mode, this will be largely student centered.
Students will receive comprehensive study materials. There will also be at least one intensive study school, which will adopt a problem solving approach to the subject.
|Methods of Assessment||Weighting %||Minimum Pass Mark|
- BSc. (Hons) Occupational Safety, Health and Environment (Top-Up)
The registration deadline is 31 January 2020.
The next intake for the BSc (Hons) Occupational Health, Safety and Environment is February 2019.
The BSc (Hons) Occupational Health, Safety and Environment extended final year top-up degree, awarded by the University of Greenwich, is structured to provide a viable option to graduates of:
- Associate Degree in Occupational Safety and Health from COSTAATT
- Associate Degree in Occupational Safety and Health from Cipriani College
- NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety
- Associate Degree in a Science or Engineering discipline
Applicants with a similar level qualification may also be eligible for the extended final year top-up. See our Entry Requirements tab below for more information or email us at CITE@sbcs.edu.tt
Early Bird Offer valid until 25 January 2020
- Earn 10% off tuition
- Registration fee waived (save $200)
Highlights at a glance -
- Extended Final Year (Top-up) 2 years in duration
- IOSH Accredited (Global Recognition and Portability)
- Graduates will be eligible to apply for Graduate Membership from IOSH.
- Expert Lecturers
At SBCS we focus on -.
- Producing graduates who are capable of thinking critically, creatively and ethically.
- Graduates who are team players with the ability to communicate persuasively.