- This course is offered in 35 hours
Upon successful completion of this unit learners will be able to:
- Understand the workflow involved when making agreements with suppliers
- Be able to develop a standard purchase order for goods or services
- Be able to interpret data relating to the workflow involved in procurement and supply
- Understand how to deliver effective customer service to improve workflow in procurement and supply
This unit is examination based and comprises of a practical written exam with four exam questions each worth 25 marks, each testing a different learning outcome. The questions are designed to simulate tasks which might be undertaken in the work environment.
- Advanced Certificate in Procurement and Supply Operations The Advanced Certificate will provide students with an understanding of supply market analysis and its importance to the procurement process. It introduces them to strategic procurement and supply issues, showing the importance of the alignment of procurement and supply strategy to overall corporate objectives, and their impact on organisational success. Students will develop their understanding of issues surrounding the preparation and management of contracts, and the implications of these for the organisation. This level will also expand their understanding of the logistical issues that organisations are faced with when trading internationally and an introduction to specialist techniques that organisations purchasing internationally will need to employ. Lastly students will increase their understanding of the purpose of, and techniques used in, evaluating the contribution of the procurement and supply function to the performance of the organisation.