The aim of this course is to augment the student’s ability to function in their practice environment as Cyber Security professionals, where report writing and presentations are the norm. They will also develop skills in business communication, where team work is an essential part of the skill set expected of an IT professional. The student will also consider personal employability and career issues. The key scholarly and academic skills addressed, include critical thinking, critical evaluation, research practices, information searching, gathering, evaluation and analysis in the context of computing and information systems development.
- Demonstrate appropriate business communication skills including analytical and report writing skills and presentations;
- Identify, critically evaluate appropriate literature;
- Apply critical thinking skills to a workplace situation;
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the role of the IT and Cyber Security professional.
Critical thinking and critical evaluation; Writing a professional CV; Techniques for advanced academic writing, including literature searching and evaluation, and information gathering, research methods, Information analysis and management; academic referencing and citation; Problem solving for Cyber Security Professionals; Legal, Social, Ethical and Professional issues and considerations arising in computer and information systems; Professional code of conduct and professional bodies and associations (British Computer Society; ISC2; ISACA and other); underlying ethical and legal considerations; Understanding business communications, communicating effectively in writing.
- MSc Operational Cyber Security
The MSc Operational Cyber Security, awarded by the University of Greenwich, is structured to provide a viable option to graduates of:
- Any degree from a science background, a Law or a business degree.
- Any non-computer science subject with Upper Second Class Honours or above
- University of Greenwich's BSc (Hons) Computing and Information System with Upper Second Class Honours or above
- Mature applicants who demonstrate academic potential and work experience can also be assessed for eligibility.
- Applicants with a similar level qualification may also be eligible for more information or email us at CITE@sbcs.edu.tt
Students on the MSc Operational Cyber Security will learn a wide range of practical and theoretical skills which will develop a sound knowledge of cyber security and its application in real life situations.
The REGISTRATION DEADLINE was extended to OCTOBER 9th, 2020. Register now and save $1000!
ALUMNI GET 10% OFF TUITION
Classes commence the week of October 12th 2020
Highlights at a glance
- Pursue one module per month and pay as you go
- Total duration - 2 years
- All material provided digitally
- Blended approach to learning with a combination of self study, online sessions and workshops
Programme Content at a glance
- Modern methods and techniques for cyber security, including penetration testing and IT auditing.
- Basic concepts of networking, developing web applications, cyber security and risk management.
- Techniques in cyber security, cyber physical security and forensics investigations.
- The modern computing environment and software tools for a cyber security professional.
- Specialised advanced topics in the area of security and its applications.
- Research tools and techniques appropriate to the cyber security domain.
At SBCS we focus on
- Producing graduates who are capable of thinking critically, creatively and ethically.
- Graduates that can contribute to emerging industries and societal development.
- Read what some of our graduates have to say.