This unit provides opportunities for learners to develop skills in decision making, problem solving and communication, integrated with the skills and knowledge developed in many of the other units within the programme to complete a realistic project.
It requires learners to select, plan, implement and evaluate a project and finally present the outcomes, in terms of the process and the product of the project. It also allows learners to develop the ability to work individually and/or with others, within a defined timescale and given constraints, to produce an acceptable and viable solution to an agreed brief.
If this is a group project, each member of the team must be clear about their responsibilities at the start of the project and supervisors must ensure that everyone is accountable for each aspect of the work and makes a contribution to the end result.
Learners must work under the supervision of programme tutors or work-based managers.
- This course is offered in 45 hours.
- BTEC Higher National Diploma (HND) in Automotive Engineering
The main aims of the BTEC Higher National Diploma (HND) in Automotive Engineering are to:
- Prepare students for a range of technical, professional and management career disciplines in automotive engineering by providing them with the core knowledge, skills and techniques required.
- Enable students to make an immediate contribution in employment within the automotive engineering sector.
- Provide students with a flexible progression pathway to an undergraduate degree or further professional qualification in automotive engineering.
- Develop a range of skills and techniques, personal qualities and attitudes essential for successful performance in working life.