On successful completion of this course a student will be able to:
1. Be able to reflect on the significance of the different research methodologies, their advantages and disadvantages, as a means of solving a research hypothesis.
2. Have formulated an innovative research proposal, identified a suitable research methodology and outlined a programme of work for their dissertation.
Introduction to a range of quantitative and qualitative research methodologies suitable for application to dissertations in the fields of social science, history, architecture and design, management, technology and economics as related to the built environment.
Analysis and synthesis techniques for quantitative and qualitative data sets.
Drawing conclusions and presenting research findings.
The learning time for a 10 credit M course is approximately 100 hours, and when the course is studied in distance learning mode, this will be largely student centred.
Distance learning students will receive comprehensive study materials together with supporting text books. There will also be at least one intensive study school which will adopt a problem solving approach to the subject.
Throughout the texts there will be self-assessment questions [SAQs], which will be linked in to the student website, and these will allow the students to monitor their understanding of principles, procedure and practice as they progress through the material. The answers can be monitored by tutors and feedback given. Where practicable, SAQs will be interactive.
When delivered by Block Release, the learning and teaching strategy will rely on written courses guides, lectures, tutorials and seminars, supported by online learning resources.
L.O. 1 -2.
Word Length: 2000.
Outline Details: Individual Project – Dissertation Proposal.
Formative assessment – In class and/or Moodle based assessments.
- MSc. Safety, Health, Environment or Occupational Hygiene
This Safety, Health & Environment / Occupational Hygiene postgraduate programme awarded by the University of Greenwich, is currently the only post-graduate programme offered locally that is accredited by the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH), UK. It covers various aspects of occupational safety, health and environment and graduates are eligible to apply for graduate membership with IOSH.
REGISTER BEFORE AUGUST 30, 2022 to get 10% off the first semester's tuition.
NEXT INTAKE: September 2022.
Registration Deadline: September 10, 2022
Classes Begin: September 17, 2022
For more information on fees and payment plans DOWNLOAD THE BRIEF
At SBCS we focus on:
- Producing graduates who are capable of thinking critically, creatively and ethically.
- Graduates who are team players with the ability to communicate persuasively.
Highlights at a glance:
- 2 years in duration; 8 modules and 1 Dissertation
- Delivered online.
- IOSH Accredited - graduates can apply for graduate membership with IOSH
- Assessment criteria - coursework only, 1 Final Dissertation
- Global Recognition and Portability
- Expert Lecturers