The aim of the course is to provide students with an in-depth knowledge and understanding of how to manage information systems security and risk assessment within organisations with a particular focus on a recognised international standard e.g. ISO17799/ISO27001. The student will also be introduced to the 8 domains of the world-wide CISSP (Certified Information System Security Professional). The real world approach will be provided with the use of scenarios and case studies.
- Demonstrate an appreciation of security threats vulnerabilities and risks and critically evaluate their impact on the business environment
- To critically evaluate and apply risk management and risk avoidance techniques.
- Understand the management of creating/maintaining a security policy to determine risk control
- Appraise methods of deployment of security controls/methods/technologies.
- Determine courses of action to solve problems in real-world security scenarios.
Issues, threats and their impact on a business environment.
Security incidents: probabilities and avoidance techniques.
Risk Management: Identification and analysis techniques as well as control strategies.
Business Continuity: Contingency planning and disaster recovery planning.
Compliance with standards/the law/regulatory framework such as Information Security Policy: ISO27001 all sections, Computer Misuse legislation (UK, USA).
Professional and ethical codes of conduct: ISACA, ACM, BCS, etc.
- MSc Operational Cyber Security
The MSc Operational Cyber Security, awarded by the University of Greenwich, is structured to provide a viable option to graduates of:
- Any degree from a science background, a Law or a business degree.
- Any non-computer science subject with Upper Second Class Honours or above
- University of Greenwich's BSc (Hons) Computing and Information System with Upper Second Class Honours or above
- Mature applicants who demonstrate academic potential and work experience can also be assessed for eligibility.
- Applicants with a similar level qualification may also be eligible for more information or email us at CITE@sbcs.edu.tt
Students on the MSc Operational Cyber Security will learn a wide range of practical and theoretical skills which will develop a sound knowledge of cyber security and its application in real life situations.
Registration deadline is August 30th 2019. Application fee waived until 30 August. Register now and save $1,000!
Highlights at a glance
- Pursue one module per month and pay as you go
- Total duration - 2 years
- All material provided digitally
- Blended approach to learning with a combination of self study, online sessions and workshops
Programme Content at a glance
- Modern methods and techniques for cyber security, including penetration testing and IT auditing.
- Basic concepts of networking, developing web applications, cyber security and risk management.
- Techniques in cyber security, cyber physical security and forensics investigations.
- The modern computing environment and software tools for a cyber security professional.
- Specialised advanced topics in the area of security and its applications.
- Research tools and techniques appropriate to the cyber security domain.
At SBCS we focus on
- Producing graduates who are capable of thinking critically, creatively and ethically.
- Graduates that can contribute to emerging industries and societal development.
- Read what some of our graduates have to say.