This course provides an introduction to software engineering, algorithm design and analysis. The main topics include: software design in UML: use cases, class modelling, objects and links, aggregations and dependencies, activity diagrams, state-charts; principles of good software design, software development life-cycle, the role of design and modelling in software development; software verification and validation; project management and planning; case studies and software horror stories. Abstract data types, design patterns, algorithmic issues, complexity theory, the application and implementation of common data structures in Java.
- This course is offered in 60 hours
- Software Engineering, Software Charateristics, The Process – SDLC Models
- The People – Stakeholders, Teams
- Quality – Testing the Product and the Process
- Design: Modularisation, What Makes a Good Design
- Introducton to UML, Use Cases
- Objects: Concept Diagrams, Composition and Inheritance
- Sequence Diagrams
- Class Diagrams
- State Machine Diagrams, Acitivity Diagrams
- Advanced Class Diagrams
- A Complete Example
- Testing Strategies and Tactics, Black Box Testing, White Box Testing
- Coursework Tutorial ( Coursework 1 & 2)
- Introduction to Alogrithms, Big O Notation, Asymptotic Analysis
- Abstract Data Types: Array, Lists, Stacks, Queues, Sets
- Alogrithm Design Techniques: Sorting Selection, Searching and Traversal
- Alogrithm Design Techniques: Divide & Conquer, Recursion
- Alogrithm Design Techniques: Dynamic Programming, Trees and Graphs
- Alogrithm Design Techniques: Greedy Approaches & Heuristics,
- Hash Tables & Heaps
- Limits of Computing: Intractable Problems & Approximation,
- String Matching Problems
- Computational Geometry Problems
Lectures and tutorials.
Two coursework submissions.
One three-hour unseen written paper.
- BSc (Hons) Computing and Information Systems (UoL)
This degree prepares you to develop systems that can grow to meet new and changing needs in modern business environments.
- This degree is internationally recognized, giving you an advantage in the job market, wherever your career takes you.
- You can rely on the quality of the content of this degree.
- You will gain specialist expertise in the development and application of innovative technologies.
- Our courses are designed to help you develop the analytical, organizational and creative skills sought by employers in the fast-evolving sector.
- You will receive comprehensive subject guides approved by Goldsmith's academics, as well as access to a wealth of online resources.
- This programme provides an excellent preparation for a career as a computing or information systems professional.
In order to obtain the BSc (Hons) in Computing and Information Systems, students will pursue:-
- 8 core full modules
- 6 electives (half modules)
- Final Project
At SBCS we focus on -
- Producing graduates who are capable of thinking critically, creatively and ethically.
- Graduates who are team players with the ability to communicate persuasively.
Highlights at a glance -
- Global Recognition
- Excellent Facilities and Administrative Support
- Expert Lecturers