- This course is offered in 50 hours
Upon successful completion of this unit the learner will be able to:
- Understand the main options for sourcing of requirements from suppliers
- Be able to develop a plan for sourcing goods or services from external suppliers
- Be able to assess the financial stability of potential suppliers
- Understand the main processes that can be applied to the sourcing of requirements from external suppliers
- Understand compliance issues when sourcing from suppliers
This course is examination based and comprises of an unseen case of around 500 words and five questions each worth 20 marks, each testing a different learning outcome. Questions should be answered within the context of the case.
- Diploma in Procurement and Supply
Gain an industry-driven, internationally-recognised Procurement and Supply qualification!
For those with aspirations of advancing to middle management in a procurement role, this qualification is for you!. The Diploma in Procurement and Supply focusses on organisational procedures and processes including negotiation, planning, risk management and data analysis; equipping you to take on supervisory-level responsibilities within the procurement function.
Building on the knowledge of the Advanced Certificate qualification, the Diploma programme consists of five compulsory units. One of these, Contexts of Procurement and Supply is an integrative unit which is designed to draw together the knowledge and understanding achieved in the other four units and to demonstrate how these units combine and integrate in a working environment.
January - June 2018 Semester Schedules for CIPS:
Not the procurement qualification for you; need something more advanced? No problem.
Go further with your CIPS training at SBCS: