This course focuses on the generation and implementation of Negotiation strategy.
Strategy is not a series of axioms to be rote learned; it is about the application of thoughtful analysis to real-world problems.
Strategic Negotiation for the Oil and Gas Industry follows this advice into the implementation phase of strategy and is organised around case examples to demonstrate the application of the concepts from its process model to the real world.
Some cases are drawn from the Oil and Gas industry itself, others are drawn from consultancy work in various industries and business situations.
The case subjects in this text, and others included in the online materials, illustrate the application of the core concepts. They provide a framework for your understanding of the Strategic Negotiation process and for your application of the process to both the Oil and Gas industry and more general situations.
- 40 Contact Hours
- The strategic negotiation process model.
- Basics of contracts.
- Pay, benefits and union negotiations.
- Managing complex negotiations.
- Organisational growth strategies.
- Bid strategies and tender negotiations.
- Analysis and diagnosis.
- The negotiation agenda.
- MBA with Specialism in Oil and Gas Management
It takes skill, determination and, of course, specialist knowledge.
Our specialist MBAs give you just that depth of understanding.
This programme encompasses the same seven core courses of the standard MBA, but, instead of the two elective courses, you take four specialist courses in oil and gas management.
This new MBA specialism will provide you with the cutting edge management skills that are needed by every successful manager to today’s competitive world, plus a detailed knowledge and expertise that is specifically relevant to the oil and gas industry.
The specialism is based on a pioneering work done by Edinburgh Business School developing the content in close association with industry practitioners, and it has been extensively market tested. The ‘students’ will be experienced managers, or those aspiring to work in public or private oil and gas producers, service providers and specialist engineering organisations.
You work towards your MBA on a course-by-course basis. After completing three courses, you are eligible for a Postgraduate Certificate in Business Administration, and after six courses for a Postgraduate Diploma in Business Administration.
- Heriot Watt University holds a Royal Charter from the UK Government.
- Read more on the Heriot Watt University Accreditation.
- Heriot Watt University is also reviewed by the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA) UK.
- Ranked 29th out of 130 UK universities in the Complete University Guide 2021.
- Named by The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide as International University of the Year 2018.
- Click here for the full list of HWU rankings.
There are two tuition intakes per year for all courses:
- January - May
- July - November
REGISTRATION PERIOD FOR THE JULY 2020 SEMESTER:
- June 27th - July 11th, 2020
- July 13th, 2020
For further information: