With a host of new challenges and responsibilities to tackle, new supervisors need training like never before. Learning how to supervise new employees on a trial and error basis can lead to discouragement. This two-day workshop will help participants to overcome many of the problems a new supervisor may encounter.
- 12 Contact Hours / 2 days
Specific learning objectives include:
- Clarify the scope and nature of a supervisory position.
- Learn some ways to deal with the challenges of the role.
- Recognize the responsibilities you have as a supervisor, to yourself, your team, and your organization.
- Learn key techniques to help you plan and prioritize effectively.
- Acquire a basic understanding of leadership, team building, communication, and motivation, and what part they play in effective supervision.
- Develop strategies for motivating your team, giving feedback, and resolving conflict.
|Champs Fleurs||25-Oct-17||26-Oct-17||Wed/Thu||9:00am – 4:00pm||$1,500.00|
- Supervisory Management
These courses will provide supervisory level personnel (supervisors, potential supervisors, and professional level staff) with knowledge and skills required for effectively carrying out their responsibilities. Participants will develop a personal awareness, as well as an awareness of the people, activities, and management issues involved in achieving results in a challenging and dynamic work environment. It concentrates on the leadership actions for developing a team but also includes the key management skills of decision making, problem solving, performance analysis, conflict management, motivation and presentation.