This unit aims to help learners understand the capabilities of different types of information systems and the role of information systems within organisations. The unit also helps learners to understand professional issues associated with information systems.
It is designed for those seeking to develop a career in computer and information systems. It equips learners with the knowledge and skills relevant to the deployment of information systems (IS) in organisations, as well as the appropriate management practices associated with their use. They will explore the different areas of work in which information systems professionals operate and become aware of their responsibility and accountability.
After successfully completing this unit, the learner will:
1. Evaluate the characteristics of different types of information system
2. Analyse how common office applications integrate with information systems
3. Analyse how information systems support organisations
4. Analyse the roles people have in information systems
5. Evaluate the professional issues associated with information systems