This unit aims to help learners make key decisions in the planning and management of information systems projects. Additionally, it enables learners to engage in the analysis and design information system architecture and workflow.
It is for learners considering a career in computing and information systems and who wish to gain an understanding of information systems analysis and design. The unit will equip learners with the skills and knowledge to plan and manage an information systems project. They will be able to define specific goals and deliverables, model architecture and workflows, and justify the hosting and data storage platforms needed to deliver a project.
After successfully completing this unit, the learner will:
1. Analyse how to use tools to plan and manage an information systems project
2. Apply how to model the architecture for an information system
3. Apply how to model the workflow of an information system
4. Evaluate a hosting solution for an information system
5. Evaluate a data storage solution for an information system