This unit aims to help learners to understand the impact of e-commerce on business. It also enables learners to analyse and evaluate key aspects of e-commerce systems and their deployment strategy.
This unit is for learners considering a career in computing and information systems and who wish to gain an understanding of e-commerce strategy. The unit will equip learners with the skills and knowledge to review the impact of e-commerce on business. It will also enable the learner to develop the skills to make key strategic decisions regarding e-commerce systems, and consider issues relating to contract law, intellectual property, and e-commerce security risks.
After successfully completing this unit, the learner will:
1. Analyse how customers interact with and judge e-commerce platforms
2. Analyse the merits and implications of e-commerce for businesses
3. Analyse the key characteristics of an e-commerce strategy and their implications
4. Analyse the security risks and security measures associated with e-commerce
5. Evaluate methods for enforcing contracts and protecting intellectual property