This unit will provide learners with an advanced understanding of vehicle fault diagnosis and will enhance their ability to diagnose faults and select appropriate equipment from given data in a number of disciplines. They will also learn about techniques of measurement when determining the performance of a vehicle system.
Learning outcome 1 will enable learners to increase their knowledge of fault diagnostic techniques and the interpretation of fault symptoms. Learning outcome 2 considers the principles of measurement and testing to determine the performance of vehicle systems. Learning outcome 3 is concerned with the evaluation and presentation of test results and the production of a fault location guide for a given vehicle.
- This course is offered in 45 hours.
- BTEC Higher National Diploma (HND) in Automotive Engineering
The main aims of the BTEC Higher National Diploma (HND) in Automotive Engineering are to:
- Prepare students for a range of technical, professional and management career disciplines in automotive engineering by providing them with the core knowledge, skills and techniques required.
- Enable students to make an immediate contribution in employment within the automotive engineering sector.
- Provide students with a flexible progression pathway to an undergraduate degree or further professional qualification in automotive engineering.
- Develop a range of skills and techniques, personal qualities and attitudes essential for successful performance in working life.