This unit introduces students to the underpinning services required to host, manage and access a secure website before introducing and exploring the methods used by designers and developers to blend back-end technologies (server-side) with frontend technologies (client-side). To help ensure new designers are able to design and deliver a site that offers an outstanding User Experience (UX) supported by an innovative User Interface (UI) this unit also discusses the reasons, requirements, relationships, capabilities and features of the systems they will be using and gives them an opportunity to explore various tools, techniques and technologies with ‘good design’ principles to plan, design and review a multi-page website.
- This course is offered in 50 contact hours.
Upon successful completion of this unit, learners will be able to:
- Explain server technologies and management services associated with hosting and managing websites.
- Categorise website technologies, tools and software used to develop websites.
- Utilise website technologies, tools and techniques with good design principles to create a multi-page website.
- Create and use a Test Plan to review the performance and design of a multi-page website.
- BTEC Higher National Diploma (HND) in Computing
Acquire an honours degree in Computing via the Pearson BTEC HND in Computing route.
The BTEC Level 5 Higher National Diploma (HND) in Computing is a wide-ranging computing qualification that equips learners with relevant, foundational knowledge and skills in computing and information systems. It is suited to those desirous of pursuing careers in the IT sector, such as systems analysts, software engineers and developers, information system design and management, and IT maintenance and technical services areas, to name a few.
This Level 5 Higher National Diploma qualification is recognised as an accepted route onto the later stages of a number of UK and foreign university qualifications.
Successful completion of the HND in Computing allows direct entry into the University of Greenwich BSc. (Hons) in Computing & Information Systems.