This Three Phase Power & Plant Distribution course is ideally suited for electricians, engineers, technicians and maintenance personnel.
This course provides an introduction regarding how "Three Phase Power" is defined and applied to transformers and other loads. The learner will understand the construction of voltage transformers and how they are used to step up and step down voltages. Common delta and star connections will also be discussed and the operating principles of Buck-Boost transformers and Auto-transformers will be introduced.
Learning outcomes include:
- Types of electrical loads
- Single phase and Three phase power
- How transformers work
- Transformer connections
The duration of this course is 24 contact hours.
Why study Three Phase Power at SBCS?
- Instructors are certified, highly skilled and experienced practitioners who bring their knowledge and work experience to the classroom
- Course is career oriented. The curriculum was developed to meet the needs of the current marketplace
- Course is over 80% practical, hands-on training. Emphasis is placed on practical training and the application of the knowledge taught
- Modern, fully equipped labs. You learn using the same equipment you will encounter in the field
- Convenient class schedules. Classes are offered on a part-time basis, which allows working individuals to balance their work and educational needs
Schedule & Fees
- Payment Plans are available.
|Start Date||End Date||Days||Time||Cost|
Please note: All information provided is subject to change without prior notice.
You might also be interested in:
- Certificate in Basic Electrical Installation (Residential)
- Certificate in Programmable Logic Controllers
- Certificate in Electric Motor Control
- 2 months
- Champs Fleurs
Entry Requirement: Knowledge of basic electricity/electronics.
- Administration fee: $150 to be paid on registration.
- Registration deadline: One week before the scheduled start date of the class.
- Late Administration fee: $175 will be charged if registration is within one week of the scheduled start date of the course.
- Payment Plan: A credit price, usually 10% more than the cash price, is available if necessary. The down payment is 60% of the credit price plus the administration fee. The remainder is paid in installments before the end of the course.