A Practical Approach to Small Engines Repairs will provide individuals with the training necessary to carry out maintenance and repairs of small internal combustion engines. These engines are commonly used in portable power equipment such as lawn mowers, leaf blowers, weed wackers and power washers. Emphasis will be placed on small engine diagnosis, servicing, and troubleshooting.
This unit will focus on the basic principles of engine theory, cooling and lubrication systems, fuel systems and ignition systems. Practical activities will involve routine maintenance checks incorporating inspection and replacement of worn components and troubleshooting common operational problems.
This course is ideally suited for homeowners, landscapers or anyone who wants to learn the basics of routine maintenance, repair and troubleshooting of small engines.
On completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Understand the basic principles of operation of common small gas engines
- Inspect and carry out repairs on a small engine fuel system
- Inspect and carry out repairs on a small engine lubricating and cooling system
- Inspect and carry out repairs on a small engine ignition system
The duration of this course is 24 contact hours.
Please click here to view the full course outline.
Why study at SBCS?
- Instructors are certified, highly skilled and experienced practitioners who bring their knowledge and work experience to the classroom
- Course is career oriented. The curriculum was developed to meet the needs of the current marketplace
- Course is over 80% practical, hands-on training. Emphasis is placed on practical training and the application of the knowledge taught
- Modern, fully equipped labs. You learn using the same equipment you will encounter in the field
- Convenient class schedules. Classes are offered on a part-time basis, which allows working individuals to balance their work and educational needs
Schedule & Fees
- Payment Plans are available
|Start Date||End Date||Days||Time||Cash Price|
|9-April-22||4-June-22||Sat||1:00pm - 4:00pm|
All information provided is subject to change without prior notice.
You may also be interested in:
- Certificate in Automotive Maintenance (Engine Repairs - Levels 1 & 2)
- Professional Certificate in Servicing and Repairing Hybrid & Electric Vehicles - A Practical Approach
- Diploma in Electrical and Mechanical Engineering Technology (CSEC, CXC graduates)
- 24 Contact hours
- Champs Fleurs
Target Audience: This course is ideally suited for homeowners, landscapers or anyone who wants to learn the basics of routine maintenance, repair and troubleshooting of small engines.
- Administration fee: Free Registration at this time for all short courses.
- Registration deadline: One week before the scheduled start date of the class.
- Payment Plan: 50% down payment of the tuition to start the class and the balance to be paid by the end of the course. However, should you require a payment plan more tailored to you, feel free to let us know so we can discuss further.
To register for the online course, please follow the instructions below:
- Please complete the Online Programme Registration Form, and click submit.
Once the form has been completed, please proceed to make your payment via the following options below:
2. PayPal – Please click the ” Add to Cart” button below:
All relevant information about accessing online sessions will be sent via email within 3-5 working days.
3. WI Pay (Credit Card) – If you wish to utilize this method, please forward an email to email@example.com indicating if you would be paying the full cost or whether you would like to access any of our payment plan plan options. Once this is confirmed, an invoice will then be forwarded via email.
*If you do not have a PayPal account, or a credit card, you can utilize any of the following payment options:
4. Payment of TT$2,450.00 can be made via direct deposit to the following SBCS Republic Bank Account (3501 3848 7501).
Once you have deposited the required payment, please email and attach a copy of the stamped deposit slip to Centre for Information Technology and Engineering (CITE) firstname.lastname@example.org informing of such.
Once CITE verifies the deposit, final registration details will be forwarded to the student.
For further information, please send an email to entre for Information Technology and Engineering (CITE) email@example.com or call 663-7227 extensions 1092/3/5.