A Practical Course in Air Conditioning and Maintenance trains and prepares individuals for entry level positions as service and maintenance technicians in the field of air conditioning and refrigeration.
Learning outcomes include:
- Understand the fundamentals of refrigeration and thermodynamics
- Understand how to size and select units for different applications
- Identify and understand the functions of the various components
- Understand safety requirements during installation and servicing of air conditioning systems, as well as troubleshoot and carry out maintenance of systems
The duration of this course is 18 contact hours.
Why study Air Conditioning at SBCS?
- Instructors are certified, highly skilled and experienced practitioners who bring their knowledge and work experience to the classroom
- Course is career oriented. The curriculum was developed to meet the needs of the current marketplace
- Course is over 80% practical, hands-on training. Emphasis is placed on practical training and the application of the knowledge taught
- Modern, fully equipped labs. You learn using the same equipment you will encounter in the field
- Convenient class schedules. Classes are offered on a part-time basis, which allows working individuals to balance their work and educational needs
SCHEDULE & FEES
- Payment Plans are available.
|Start Date||End Date||Days||Time||Cost|
|16-Feb-19||06-Apr-19||Sat||2:00pm - 5:00pm||$2,150|
|27-Apr-19||01-Jun-19||Sat||2:00pm - 5:00pm||$2,150|
|20-Jul-19||24-Aug-19||Sat||2:00pm - 5:00pm||$2,150|
|05-Oct-18||09-Nov-18||Sat||1:00pm - 4:00pm||$2,150|
Please note: All information provided is subject to change without prior notice.
- 18 Contact Hours
- Champs Fleurs
Target Audience: The course is intended for use primarily by students, end users, consultants, engineers, technicians, architects, contractors and HVAC designers.
Candidates should have a knowledge of basic science.
- Administration fee: $150 to be paid on registration.
- Registration deadline: One week before the scheduled start date of the class.
- Late Administration fee: $175 will be charged if registration is within one week of the scheduled start date of the course.
- Payment Plan: A credit price, usually 10% more than the cash price, is available if necessary. The down payment is 60% of the credit price plus the administration fee. The remainder is paid in installments before the end of the course.