This workshop will focus on your understanding of the principles of academic writing as well as key research concepts. Participants will be introduced to Harvard referencing and very importantly, how to avoid plagiarism. In addition, with the use of practical exercises students will develop a better understanding of the writing process and technique, and learn how to organize their ideas for the production of a required academic report.
This course targets learners pursing tertiary-level academic qualifications.
Schedule & Fees
- Payment Plans are available
18-Apr-20 & 25-Apr-20
|Sat||9:00am - 3:00pm|
All information provided is subject to change without prior notice.
Check out our 2020 Short Course Schedule.
- 24 Contact Hours
- Please note that all information is subject to change. It is advisable to confirm all information before registration.
- Registration for this course can be done at the Champs Fleurs, Trincity or San Fernando Campuses.
- Payment of fees can be made by LINX, credit card or cheque.
- An administration fee of $100.00 is payable on this registration.
- Current SBCS students enjoy a reduced fee of $50.00.
- A Certificate of Completion is awarded to each participant upon satisfying 80% attendance of classes and/or any exam or course-work assigned by lecturer.
On completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the research process as well as key research concepts;
- Recognize what constitutes plagiarism, how to avoid it, and how to effectively utilize the Harvard Referencing standard;
- Utilize an appropriate academic writing technique;
- Understand the importance of an effective writing process, including how to source and review academic literature.