Early Bird Offer extended to 11th January 2020
- Earn 10% off tuition
- Save 50% off the registration fee
- Download the early bird payment schedule here
The Assured Certificate in Advanced Electrical Installation was designed for persons aspiring to become an electrician or a certified wireman. This qualification forms the basis of knowledge for all modern domestic and commercial electrical installation work, and is therefore an excellent starting point for anyone seeking a career as an electrician.
Registration is OPEN. Next intake is February 2020. Download the course brief here
This programme provides a range of electrical installation skills by combining both practical and theoretical training. Some of the topics covered include installing electrical systems to national standards, single phase and three phase circuits, inspection and testing of domestic installations and diagnosing and repairing faults. Assessment is undertaken through a combination of practical assignments and written structured examinations.
The Assured Certificate in Advanced Electrical Installation programme was designed by SBCS GLI but is quality assured by City and Guilds of London. Certificates will be issued by City and Guilds. Graduates can approach the Electrical Inspectorate for consideration to sit for the Wireman Licence examination.
Why Study Electrical Installation at SBCS?
- Instructors are certified, highly skilled and experienced practitioners who bring their knowledge and work experience to the classroom.
- Training is delivered from a licensed training provider whose processes and procedures have been quality assured by a global leader in skills development, City & Guilds of London.
- Course is career oriented. The curriculum was developed to meet the needs of the current marketplace.
- Course is over 50% practical, hands-on training. Emphasis is placed on practical training and the application of the knowledge taught.
- Modern, fully equipped labs. Learn using the same equipment you will encounter in the field.
- Convenient class schedules. Classes are offered on a part time basis, which allows working individuals to balance their work and educational needs.
Additional programmes of interest
- Champs Fleurs
There are no pre-requisites for this programme.
Basic Knowledge in mathematics will be an asset.
This qualification will be assessed by a combination of written examinations and practical assignments.
To achieve the SBCS Assured Certificate in Advanced Electrical Installation, learners must complete the following units:
- Electrical Fundamentals
- Electrical Installation (Principles and Practice)
Assessments for each course is as follows:
Structured Examination questions (2 hours) based on the following learning outcomes:
Electrical Installation (Principles and Practice)
Structured Examination questions (3 hours) based on the following learning outcomes:
Practical Assessments: This unit covers the skills required to enable a candidate to apply basic tools skills to: