A Practical Approach to Basic Automotive Maintenance provides the personal vehicle owner or beginner with the necessary technical and practical knowledge required to carry out routine maintenance on vehicles. Emphasis is placed on simple DIY tasks which can be easily and quickly undertaken, to ensure the vehicle is in a good operating condition. A properly maintained vehicle will serve you well, save you money in repairs in the future, and significantly increase its resale value.
Learning outcomes include:
- Inspecting and carrying out repairs on a vehicle’s lubricating and cooling system
- Inspecting and carrying out repairs on a vehicle’s braking system
- Inspecting and carrying out repairs a vehicle’s electrical system
- Understanding and practicing basic auto care
The duration of this course is 24 contact hours.
Why study Automotive Maintenance at SBCS?
- Instructors are certified, highly skilled and experienced practitioners who bring their knowledge and work experience to the classroom
- Course is career oriented. The curriculum was developed to meet the needs of the current marketplace
- Course is over 80% practical, hands-on training. Emphasis is placed on practical training and the application of the knowledge taught
- Modern, fully equipped labs. You learn using the same equipment you will encounter in the field
- Convenient class schedules. Classes are offered on a part-time basis, which allows working individuals to balance their work and educational needs
SCHEDULE & FEES
- Payment Plans are available.
No schedule is available at this time. Please contact us for if you require additional information.
Requirements for Online Course
- Windows OS: Windows 10 Professional (Windows 10 Home is also acceptable)
- Microsoft Office
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
Please note: All information provided is subject to change without prior notice. Registration fee is not included in the price quoted.
You may also be interested in:
- Certificate in Automotive Maintenance (Engine Repairs - Levels 1 & 2)
- Diploma in Electrical and Mechanical Engineering Technology (CSEC, CXC graduates)
- BTEC Higher National Diploma (HND) in Automotive Engineering
- Certificate in Basic Electrical Installation (Residential)
- Certificate in Plumbing Technology
- Two (2) Months
- Champs Fleurs
Target Audience: This course is ideally suited for first time car owner or anyone who would like to learn the basics of routine automotive maintenance and/or wishes to develop a foundation for further study in automotive maintenance.
- Administration fee: $150 to be paid on registration.
- Registration deadline: One week before the scheduled start date of the class.
- Late Administration fee: $175 will be charged if registration is within one week of the scheduled start date of the course.
- Payment Plan: A credit price, usually 10% more than the cash price, is available if necessary. The down payment is 60% of the credit price plus the administration fee. The remainder is paid in installments before the end of the course.
To register for the online course, please follow the instructions below:
- Please complete the Online Programme Registration Form, and click submit.
Once the form has been completed, please proceed to make your payment via the following options below:
2. PayPal – Please click the ” Add to Cart” button below:
All relevant information about accessing online sessions will be sent via email within 3-5 working days.
*If you do not have a PayPal account, or a credit card, you can utilize any of the following payment options:
3. Payment of TT$1,950.00 can be made via direct deposit to the following SBCS Republic Bank Account (3501 3848 7501).
Once you have deposited the required payment, please email and attach a copy of the stamped deposit slip to Centre for Information Technology and Engineering (CITE) firstname.lastname@example.org informing of such.
Once CITE verifies the deposit, final registration details will be forwarded to the student.
For further information, please send an email to entre for Information Technology and Engineering (CITE) email@example.com or call 663-7227 extensions 11092/3/9
Please check that your laptop / tablet meets the minimum requirements for Adobe Connect web conferencing online platform services before registering by clicking here