The SBCS Centre for Media, Communication & Design in collaboration with the University of Sunderland is pleased to offer you a Bachelor of Arts (Honours) degree in Mass Communications. Be part of our first intake scheduled to start in January 2019. This final year of an undergraduate degree (Top-Up programme) can be earned in eighteen months.
With this programme, students will gain understanding of new media, cultural theory and popular culture, and acquire new skills in media studies.
On the practical side, modules such as Moving Camera II & Advanced Digital Post Production will focus on developing students’ video production skills.
- 18 months
Successful completion of:
Foundation Degree, Associate Degree, UTT Diploma (or any other relevant certifications) deemed equivalent to the first two years of a UK undergraduate degree, in the field of Media & Communications. They should equate to 240 credits at UK undergraduate degree level.
N.B. Prospective students wishing to pursue this programme but not possessing any of the main entry requirement listed are kindly asked to forward an email to our academic team at email@example.com with the following:
- Subject title: “PROSPECTIVE BA in Mass Communications STUDENT”
- An updated resume.
- Scanned copies of all academic certificates.
- A cover letter indicating your interest in the programme.
All final entry decisions are made by the University of Sunderland.
In order to register, you must first proceed to the Centre for Media, Communication and Design – SBCS Trincity Campus for verification of your entry qualifications. You are required to present:
- Your completed University of Sunderland Application Forms (email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy)
- Your Original Certificate OR a completion letter &your student copy of transcript (in the interim of receiving your certificate) along with one (1) copy of these.
- AND your original student transcript which must be in a sealed envelope from the relevant examination body addressed to:
Centre for Media, Communication & Design
SBCS Trincity Campus
Beaulieu Avenue & Trincity Boulevard,
Trinidad, West Indies.
Note: Transcripts are not needed for the SBCS BTEC HND CMP graduates.
- Your Original CXC/CSEC Certificate for verification of having passed English A at O’level
- One form of identification (Birth Certificate / National ID card / Passport) – must be valid for at least 6 months.
At this point the Application fee will be due to submit your form to Sunderland.
Thereafter you will receive a confirmation email stating your acceptance and at that point, the Registration process can commence.
While this programme is not funded by GATE, flexible payment plan options are available to all applicants.